?

Log in

Romance of the Three Kingdoms, English subbed - Welcome...

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile

Links
--TAGS
--Anime/Manga List: A list of anime/live actions/musicals I've seen and mangas I've read
--My Deviantart Gallery
--My Tegaki blog
--My Facebook profile (lots of photos)
--My Tumblr

March 8th, 2006


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
05:59 pm - Romance of the Three Kingdoms, English subbed
When Andrea was here last week, we happened to find a set of English subbed "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" dvds in Chinatown. It was...either 200 or 300 bucks, can't remember. For people not familiar with it, "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" is a tv series from mainland China that has 80+ episodes depicting the battles and going-ons of the Three Kingdoms era in China history at the end of the Han Dynasty. It's sort of a slash between documentary and tv series, one of my all-time favourites.

I just watched a few episodes with the English subs even though I can understand about 80% of what's being said anyway and the rest 20% I can haphazard a guess. It actually really helped with the parts i didn't understand when just listening in Chinese, now I get like, 99% instead of 80% =^-^= I think companies should English sub more Chinese tv series, especially the classic ones like the 4 most famous stories in Chinese history: Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Dream of the Red Chamber, Journey to the West, and Water Margin. That would be so awesome =*-*=
Current Mood: okayokay

(3 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments:


[User Picture]
From:surealistic_des
Date:March 9th, 2006 10:00 am (UTC)
(Link)
Waiiiiiiiiiii! I remember that!

Well I played games based on it. XDDDDDDD on Ps2 and read some boooks. :D

in the game Zhou Yu looked hawt! the guy under Lui Bei's command i think ehehehhee
[User Picture]
From:koneko_desu
Date:March 9th, 2006 06:59 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Oh yes I've seen those games, although I've never played them (can't use a playstation or any kind of video game controller to save my life ~_~). Most of them had a chick or two on the front, what's up with that?? Are there actually girls in the game?

Zhou Yu....hmm..he's a general under Sun Quan, but yeah, he's got a reputation for being pretty good looking lol. Can fight, got a fair amount of brains, and looks good too, not bad eh?
[User Picture]
From:surealistic_des
Date:March 10th, 2006 08:06 am (UTC)
(Link)
yup yup

Diao Chan is one character and the sister of Sun Quan and Sun Ce? Along with the wives of Zhou Yu and Sun Ce. XDDDDDDD

um the other Zhao dude...lol

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com