?

Log in

No account? Create an account
Some help from my dearest f-list =^O^= - Welcome...

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile

Links
--TAGS
--Anime/Manga List: A list of anime/live actions/musicals I've seen and mangas I've read
--My Deviantart Gallery
--My Tegaki blog
--My Facebook profile (lots of photos)
--My Tumblr

April 9th, 2007


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
02:18 am - Some help from my dearest f-list =^O^=
Here's a little quiz for all of you.  Say you had a good friend and the friendship broke down because of an argument, not a big one, but an argument nontheless.  Now this friend has a bunch of his/her stuff (say over $200 worth) at your place because he/she had lent it to you, and he/she just sent you an email asking you to send the stuff back to him/her offering to pay the shipping fees, what would you do?

a) Ignore the email and keep the stuff, it's all mine now!!
b) Send it back to him/her, argument or not the stuff belongs to him/her.
c) Neither (a) or (b) [please comment with what you would do]

Thanks guys~
Tags: ,

(16 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments:


[User Picture]
From:mikage
Date:April 9th, 2007 07:47 am (UTC)
(Link)
B. It's their stuff, and they're essentially paying you to get it back >>;;;


If they hadn't asked, I'd keep it though >>
[User Picture]
From:koneko_desu
Date:April 9th, 2007 04:55 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Lol, thanks~
(Deleted comment)
[User Picture]
From:koneko_desu
Date:April 9th, 2007 04:56 pm (UTC)
(Link)
thanks~
[User Picture]
From:cavechan
Date:April 9th, 2007 12:15 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Send it back. When I broke up with one of my ex's, he left a book here (a kind of nice one that he got for his birthday one year). I was willing to send it back but he never gave me his address. So I still have it and its taking up useless space.
[User Picture]
From:koneko_desu
Date:April 9th, 2007 04:56 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Thanks~ Hope you get his address so you can have some more free room XD
From:(Anonymous)
Date:April 9th, 2007 03:12 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I'd send it back,it'd be a way to mend your friendship with him/her (if that's what you want) and more generally, would make you the better person for doing the honourable thing.-James
[User Picture]
From:koneko_desu
Date:April 9th, 2007 04:57 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Thanks~ Hey haven't heard from you for awhile, how's everything going?
From:rikit
Date:April 9th, 2007 09:26 pm (UTC)
(Link)
it would be really mean to keep it....let's just say, how mad are you at this person? (lol i have no morals.)
[User Picture]
From:koneko_desu
Date:April 10th, 2007 01:19 am (UTC)
(Link)
Actually it's not someone asking me for his/her stuff back, it's me asking for my stuff back from someone, and I just want to see what my chances are that this person will send it back to me XDD So far most people seem to be fairly mature when given these circumstances, but each person's different ne?
From:rikit
Date:April 10th, 2007 04:59 pm (UTC)
(Link)
oh i see~~~
well i say your chances of getting your stuff back is pretty good~~~~!
unless that person is the type to hold really horrible grudges...
[User Picture]
From:shy_hinata
Date:April 10th, 2007 07:27 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Hey there! Haven't talked to you in a while (and I still have that present I got in Japan for you...you have to let me know how to get it to you).

I've read a few of the comments on the f-list, and for the most part, I agree. My choice would also be 'B' to send the stuff back, because it really is still theirs. However, I disagree with the person who said all the stuff about charging them for the boxes, etc. I dunno...in my eyes, that seems too nit-picky. They're already offering to pay for shipping, after all. And the thing is, you guys were friends, and everyone involved needs to respect that fact; that there is give and take even still.

Personally, I would send the stuff back, and quote them less than the actual shipping cost. After all, I had all this time to enjoy their stuff. But that's just me. I'm not suggesting that you do the same, but the question you asked was what would I do.
[User Picture]
From:koneko_desu
Date:April 11th, 2007 12:28 am (UTC)
(Link)
Haha actually about that present I have an interesting story for you. The other day I was having a really bad day and it was raining outside and my umbrella had broken so by the time I got home I was drenched added to the crappy day and it was one of those times when you really wanted to punch something.

When I walked into my room, on my wall, there's usually a photo of you hanging there (along with other friends and family and Kazuki) but for some reason that day your photo had fallen down so there was this giant gap on the wall where it should have been. So I had to move some shelves and stuff to get your photo back and as soon as I saw your photo I remembered you mentioning the present you brought for me from Japan and all of a sudden I felt a ton better *o* It was like this switch got turned or something.

Every time I see a photo of you, Andie, or Nat I remember all the fun times we had (like that New Years day, remember? Hehe, best New Years day ever!!) and I feel all warm and fuzzy inside ^_______^

As for the issue with sending the stuff back, I sure wish it was your place I had left all this stuff at. The stuff I left at this person's place are pretty heavy, so even shipping's going to be quite a bit I think, but I really want my stuff back ;___; It's not life or death stuff, I mean some of the things I've lent to this person for more than a year now, but it'd be such a pain to have to go out and buy it all again :X
[User Picture]
From:shy_hinata
Date:April 11th, 2007 02:57 pm (UTC)
(Link)
*hugs* That means you have to come to T.O. again, and hang out. Purikura! Karaoke! I miss it! <33 That certainly was an awesome New Year's Day ^__^ And I still remember the fangirling we did in your rez room XD

But yeah...it's sometimes tough getting stuff back. But keep on it; after all, it's still yours. At the same time, try to stay polite about it with them. They haven't said anything about refusing to return it, have they?
[User Picture]
From:koneko_desu
Date:April 12th, 2007 02:38 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Yah!! I'm hoping to get my G2 this summer and possible invest in a car of my own by the end of the year so if I can make that happen I can come to Toronto more often to hang out!!

Ah the visit last year to my dorm room, that was one of the highest highs of my 1st year at university XDDD

Well, I emailed this person back in February and this person agreed to send my stuff back but told me it might take awhile since he/she was very busy at the time which I totally understood (MID-TERM SEASON!!!). But then from then to now I haven't heard from this person again, so I sent him/her another email a day or so before I made this post, and thus far, I still haven't heard anything back. I know now it's exam season and I know this person's got some plans coming up for the summer that's sure to have him/her very busy, but I mean, even an email reply like "Yeah I haven't forgotten" would be nice ^-^;;
[User Picture]
From:misori
Date:April 11th, 2007 03:11 am (UTC)
(Link)
Soujiro! /points/

Is it too late to say send it back? :D
[User Picture]
From:koneko_desu
Date:April 12th, 2007 02:39 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Yay!! Someone else who can recognize Souji!!! I love that boy, he doesn't get nearly enough screentime :X

I wish this person can send it back too~ lol.

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com